An Exciting OBGYN Practice Opportunity Awaits
We are excited to announce an innovative practice opportunity for comprehensive women’s healthcare in Sault Ste. Marie. We are establishing an integrated care model working collaboratively with midwives, NPs and GPs, providing prenatal and gynecological clinics in addition to OR time and on-call services.
– Sault Area Hospital (SAH), a 293-bed facility, is seeking Obstetricians/Gynaecologists to participate in an innovative, inter-professional, integrated care model. With approximately 900 births annually, Level 2C 10-bed NICU, you will provide full-scope OBGYN services in our community as well as call. Clinic-based work will be supported by the hospital and the inter-professional team.
– Affiliation with NOSM University provides the opportunity to teach residents and medical students. Research opportunities are supported by the Sault Ste. Marie Academic Medical Association.
License & Eligibility
– Candidates must hold a fellowship with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RSCPC), or be exam eligible and/or be eligible for an independent practice license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
– Remuneration is attractive and competitive. Stipends are available for the hospital on-call coverage.
– The Ministry of Health’s Community Assessment Visit Program covers travel and accommodation expenses for you to explore the practice opportunity and community.
– The SSM Physician Recruitment and Retention Program offers a relocation allowance.
– The Ministry of Health Northern and Rural Recruitment & Retention Initiative provides $83,000 over four years.
– Eligibility for the Northern Specialist APP provides generous funding to practice in northern Ontario.
– SAH is also looking for locum support to cover on-call services and prenatal clinics as we establish the new care model. Generous compensation is provided by Ontario Health Northern Specialist Locum Program along with on-call funding.
– Discover Sault Ste. Marie at www.welcometossm.com. Sault Ste. Marie is a vibrant and friendly community providing a mix of urban and natural amenities that offer an adventurous lifestyle in the heart of the Great Lakes.
For Recruitment Inquiries: contact Carrie Stewart email@example.com
For Locum Inquiries: contact Stephanie Leask at firstname.lastname@example.org