Welcome to the Rural Northern Immigration Pilot application process for Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Please review the information below and and follow the steps carefully. Any community related questions can be directed to email@example.com. For all other questions, please visit the IRCC website.
Process & Steps:
Step 1: Make sure you meet the IRCC Federal Eligibility Requirements
Step 2: Find full-time permanent employment in Sault Ste. Marie.
- One of the requirements is that you are currently employed or have a job offer from an employer in Sault Ste. Marie.
- IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY EMPLOYED OR HAVE A JOB OFFER, please apply to job postings that meet your past work experience and education.
- Please note the City of Sault Ste. Marie will not assist candidates with their job search.
- Employers will conduct normal hiring practices, such as interviews and reference checks.
- You must have the RNIP Offer of Employment form filled out and signed by your employer. It is your responsibility to upload this form as part of your application.
Step 3: Check to see if you match with the Community Requirements.
- The Community Recommendation Committee will be assessing candidates's ties to the community to ensure you and your family are prepared to reside in Sault Ste. Marie after you receive your permanent residency.
Step 4: Ready to apply? Download and complete the RNIP Application Form IMM 5911E.
Step 5: Submit RNIP Application Form HERE.
Step 6: A Sault Ste. Marie RNIP Coordinator will request further documentation from you via e-mail.
- That documentation will include:
- Language credentials
- Educational credentials
- And any other supporting documents.
- Please note that any documentation provided to the RNIP Coordinator or Community Recommendation Committee MUST BE COPIES. All originals will be required for the permanent residency application to IRCC.
Step 7: Your application will be reviewed by the Community Recommendation Committee.
Step 8: If it is determined that you meet the requirements of RNIP, you will be given a nomination letter from the Community Recommendation Committee via e-mail.
Step 9: Using the nomination letter, you can apply directly to IRCC for your Permanent Residency.
Step 10: Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada will do further review, including medicals, financial documents and criminal record checks.
Step 11: Once you receive your Permanent Residency, you can make arrangements for you and your family to move to Sault Ste. Marie.
- Eligible applications will be retained for 1 year.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Community Recommendation Committee on a monthly basis.
- Job application timelines will vary depending on the employer and job you are applying for.
Other points to consider:
- Due to the high volume of applications and expressions of interest, we will not be able to answer all inquiries. If you do not hear from us within 6 weeks, then it is likely you are not being considered.
- E-mail is the preferred method of communication. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance before coming to the Civic Centre office in person.
- The Corporation of the City of Sault Ste. Marie is not affiliated with any Immigration Representative, nor do we give preferential treatment to applicants who have hired an Immigration Representative. However, if you do choose to have your paperwork completed by an Immigration Representative, please refer HERE for information on making an informed choice.
- For other paths to immigration, click HERE.
Please note applications WILL NOT be considered if they are incomplete and do not meet minimum qualifications:
- A job offer from a Sault Ste. Marie Employer
- English or French language credentials
- Educational credential requirements
- Financial requirements