Companies currently operating or setting up in Sault Ste. Marie have access to numerous job creation and job incentive and job funding programs. Below are some of those available to you.
- Algoma Workforce Investment Corporation (AWIC) - Dollars and Sense: a guide to employer training credits, incentives and supports
- Ontario Graduated Apprenticeship Grant - Receive up to $16,700 to train an apprentice in more than 100 eligible trades.
- Government of Canada Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit - The employer can claim up to $2,000 per year for each eligible apprentice.
- Other Government of Canada wage subsidies and assistance programs.
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant - Provides direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees (up to $10,000 each).
- Science Horizons Youth Internship Program - Supports green jobs for youth by providing wage subsidies to eligible employers to hire interns in environmental and clean technology sectors.
- People & Talent Program - To attract, retain and develop Northern Ontario’s workforce. There are two streams: The Indigenous Workforce Development Stream is intended to strengthen and develop Northern Ontario’s Indigenous workforce through business partnerships by offering internships to Indigenous persons, and the Workforce Development Stream is intended to strengthen and develop Northern Ontario’s workforce through business partnerships by offering internships.
- FedNor Youth Internship Program - FedNor provides support for youth interns under the Northern Ontario Development Program (NODP) and the Economic Development Initiative (EDI). FedNor will contribute up to 90% ($31,500 max) for eligible costs of salary and employee benefits in a full-time internship position.