If you are seeking a dynamic and challenging role in supporting the development of children and youth with a variety of physical, developmental, and communicative challenges, THRIVE has a position for you.!
THRIVE has full-time permanent Occupational Therapist position(s) to fill. We are looking for OTs who have a passion for working with children and can provide care in Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding areas throughout the District of Algoma. The Occupational Therapist role will provide assessment and treatment for the children on their caseload and guidance for the parents/guardians and related service providers, in accordance with the policies, philosophy, mission, vision and values of the organization.
We believe in the power of teamwork and partnership, and achieving excellence through innovation, curiosity and optimism. In addition to our fun and collaborative working environment, we also offer: a competitive salary, access to Employee Family Assistance Program, a flexible schedule, vacation pay / paid time off (including winter break office closure), participation in a defined benefit pension plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan HOOPP), and group health and dental benefits for permanent positions.
What we require from you:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university program
- Eligible for membership or are a member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Satisfactory criminal background check and vulnerable sector screen (CPIC)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
What we need from you:
- Experience in pediatric rehabilitation an asset.
- Willing to travel across the District of Algoma.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
- Self-motivated, balanced with a passion for working within a team; committed to a collaborative, strengths-based approach to problem solving and capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience working family centred-approach, ensuring clients and families have a voice and are engaged as true partners in care;
- Ability to organize, and prioritize in a fast-paced service-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, presentation and listening skills
Salary scale: $39.57 – $47.00/hr
Mentorship/Supervision is available.
We are located in Northeastern Ontario with our home office in beautiful Sault Ste. Marie. If you enjoy big city life with a small town feel and love the outdoors, the Soo is the place for you. Eligibility for a moving allowance will be considered. Check out what the Soo has to offer at https://welcometossm.com/live/.
THRIVE Child Development Centre/Centre de développement de l’enfant is an incorporated, non-profit Children’s Treatment Centre providing inter-disciplinary pediatric rehabilitation, respite care coordination, an on-site childcare program and resource support to community childcare centres in Sault Ste. Marie and throughout the District of Algoma. Using a family-centred, strengths-based approach, our experienced and dedicated professional staff provide a range of assessment, intervention and community-based services building on the child’s unique strengths, gifts and talents so that they and their families can truly THRIVE!
Visit www.kidsthrive.ca for more information.
If you are interested in joining an amazing team of professionals to creating a future of possibilities for children, submit your cover letter and resume by visiting our career page at https://kidsthrive.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Ad will remain up until position(s) filled.
Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, we are committed to creating positive and welcoming space within our organization, for our clients, families, volunteers, staff, and community partners.
THRIVE is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights our job applicants during the recruitment process. Should at any point throughout the recruitment process an applicant require accommodation or communication in an alternative format because of a disability please contact People & Culture at 705-759-1131. We are committed to providing accommodation or alternate formats upon request within a reasonable time period in a mutually agreed upon format.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.