EACOM TIMBER CORPORATION
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a YARD SUPERVISOR at our Sault Ste. Marie I-Joist location.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, you will be responsible for the yard management, receiving of raw materials and accountable for processes associated with consumption and inventory management with primary focus on improved material utilization.
- Responsible for supervision of team of workers.
- Responsible for the compliance of our yard management plan.
- Accountable for raw material inventory processes, goods receipt, and accuracies.
- Responsible for quality and consistency of finished product placement in yard.
- Manage yard maintenance, snow removal, sanding, and keeping the environment clean and tidy.
- Manage timely and disciplined FIFO lumber & finished product rotation.
- Ensure Quality of inbound products, organized and consistency of rows throughout the yard.
- Manage inventory to minimize handling cost.
- Manage residual inventories and month end reporting.
- Liaise with site department heads on safety, production, maintenance, and human resources.
- Liaise with Shipping and Logistics to manage truck scheduling and loading.
- Responsible for the appropriate use of best practices in yard management.
- Perform all related supervision duties (reports, payroll, incident reporting, performance, training, vacation, work scheduling, etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines.
- Analyzing and good organizational and decision-making skills.
- Result-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, rigor, and good judgment.
- Post secondary education in forestry or related field would be considered an asset.
- Minimun of 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role, in manufacturing industry.
- Relevant experience in Supervision and Inventory Management.
- Proficient in Excel, SAP experience would be considered an asset.
- Commitment to and proven Health and Safety accountabilities.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; French would be an asset.
How to apply:
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.