Notice of administrative contract (one year with possibility of extension)
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: The Waterfront and Recreation Supervisor is responsible for maintaining and operating a safe and orderly Waterfront Campus, overseeing all Waterfront Campus activity, overseeing and implementing all main campus recreation activity and fostering a culture of inclusivity, mutual respect and positive learning with students, staff and community partners. The incumbent is also responsible for supporting the educational needs of Sault College programs by establishing a collaborative relationship with Academic staff and professors. The incumbent will actively participate as a member of the Corporate and Student Services management team.
What you need to be successful:
- diploma/degree in Business, Sports Administration, Adventure Recreation, Fitness and Health Promotion, Education or related field
- minimum two years’ experience in recreation, education or a related field
- Smart Serve certification
- boating experience and certification are considered an asset
- water competency qualifications (e.g. lifeguarding levels) are considered an asset
- ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner, both internally and externally
- strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team
- experience in program planning and execution
- budgeting and financial forecasting skills
- excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft 365
- proven analytical, evaluative, and problem solving skills
- self-motivated with the capacity to work independently
This is a contract position required for one year with possibility of extension. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sault College invites applications from all qualified individuals and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES VIA EMAIL QUOTING COMPETITION #2021-A103 IN THE SUBJECT LINE BY 4 P.M. ON FEBRUARY 26, 2021 TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.