|Location:||Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada|
|OLG Site or Facility:||Foster Drive Office|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Length of Contract:|
|Department/Division:||Customer Experience Design|
|Posting Expiry Date:||8/13/2019|
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Reporting to the Director of CX Design, the Visual Designer will drive the visual expression of the prototyped service or touchpoint to evoke engagement and promote usability, while ensuring alignment to the brand as defined by the vision set by Brand & Marketing.
What you will be doing:
- Design and create holistic visual designs and solutions by leveraging market best practices in line with OLG’s vision to deliver world class experiences, products and services
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders i.e. design team members, technology, brand & marketing to create designs to meet the customer and enterprise needs and ensure adherence to guidelines
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to develop a clear understanding of the problem statement/ requirements to guide the design process
- Carry out analysis and leverage internal and external research & insights to drive decision making on selection of solution options to drive customer experience
- Design mood boards, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards under direction of the project’s Creative Lead
- Participate and contribute in ideation/ brainstorming sessions and consistently use creativity, foresight and good design judgment in developing and applying marketplace trends
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints
- Execute creation of visualizations in collaboration with the Design team for identified deliverables
- Analyze key design challenges and identify solutions/ provide solutioning to ensure delivery of design in line with the identified requirements
- Maintain and evolve design methods, practices and guidelines which enable data-driven consideration of design decisions and ensure proposed solutions are desirable, feasible and viable
What we’re looking for:
- Diploma in Visual Design
- Intermediate command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Figma, Sketch, InVision)
- Experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software
- 1 – 3 years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated experience in customer experience design and/ or product design/ Visual Design
- Demonstrated experience of developing customer centric cultures in organizations
*Please include a link to your design portfolio on your resume.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on August 13, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.