PUC Services Inc.
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the distribution of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member of our leadership team to lead our Electric Operations and Engineering Departments. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset, with the knowledge, drive and influence to enhance and strengthen our Electric Operations and Engineering Departments for the organization and the community.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and as a member of the Operations Management Team, the Vice President, Electric Operations & Engineering will be primarily responsible to:
• Provide leadership, expertise and innovation to Electric Operations and Engineering in support of the attainment of the corporate strategic plan.
• Provide strategic direction and oversight for management staff in Line Operations, Engineering and Stations & Metering Departments.
• Provide direction and oversight for the construction, operations and maintenance associated with the supply of electric services to customers while ensuring quality, reliability and efficiency of the service provided.
• Provides direction for engineering design and technical specifications pertaining to the construction, operations and maintenance associated with the supply of water and electricity.
• Ensure that electric operations are compliant with relevant legislation, regulations and codes.
• Ensure that effective safety and environmental measures are in place.
• Prepare and review budget and labour justifications and oversees delivery of multi-million-dollar annual engineering capital, maintenance and operations programs inclusive of projecting, monitoring, managing and reporting program costs.
• Provides oversight for the purpose of ensuring compliance with regulatory matters inclusive of Ontario Regulation 22/04 – Electrical Distribution Safety.
• Develop and maintain emergency preparedness, response and contingency plans, taking into account risk assessments and mitigation strategies, to ensure appropriate response capability.
• Oversees the development and implementation of ongoing, long term asset management plans for key components of electric and water infrastructure systems to ensure long term sustainability.
• Direct, assist and oversee the preparation of proposals for the acquisition of services contracts.
• Integrate new business activities into the organization ensuring targets for safety, profit and quality of service are achieved.
• Manage and develop management staff inclusive of a succession plan.
• Establish departmental performance targets consistent with corporate and divisional objectives.
• Lead change to enable innovation, quality, and efficiency.
• Preference for a University Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Professional designation (P. Eng.) or a related discipline.
• Ten years of diversified experience in a management capacity in electric engineering or operations, preferably in a utility environment.
• Strong knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations. standards and codes;
• Demonstrated business and financial management skills and experience developing, implementing and monitoring large-scale capital and operating budgets.
• Experience managing teams in a unionized environment.
• Well developed analytical , organizational, technical, communication and decision making skills;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, influence, motivate and mentor staff towards achieving corporate objectives and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
• Ability to work in an environment that is fast paced, while being able to prioritize multiple, often competing priorities with a positive attitude.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted until January 27, 2021. Please email your resume to HR@SSMPUC.COM.