PUC Services Inc.
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the distribution of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member of our leadership team to lead our Corporate Service functions. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset, with the knowledge, drive, and influence to enhance and strengthen our Corporate Service functions for the organization and the community.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Corporate Services will be primarily responsible to:
• Provide leadership, expertise, and innovation to Corporate Services in support of the attainment of the corporate strategic plan;
• Provide vision, leadership, and direction in formulating strategies, programs and policies for Human Resources, IT, Health & Safety and Fleet & Facilities;
• Provide direction and oversight for these department mandates while ensuring quality, reliability, and efficiency of the service provided;
• Ensure that all departments are compliant with relevant legislation, regulations, and codes;
• Ensure that effective safety and environmental measures are in place;
• Prepare and review department budget and oversee delivery of programs and projects inclusive of projecting, monitoring, managing, and reporting program costs;
• Develop and maintain emergency preparedness, response, and contingency plans, considering risk assessments and mitigation strategies, to ensure appropriate response capability;
• Manage and develop management staff inclusive of a succession plan;
• Establish departmental performance targets consistent with corporate and divisional objectives, and
• Lead change to enable innovation, quality, and efficiency.
• Post-Secondary Degree in a relevant field combined with 10 years of diversified experience in a senior level role in IT, Safety or HR;
• Preference will be given to candidates possessing advanced management degrees (e.g., MBA)
• Strong knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, standards and codes;
• Demonstrated business and financial management skills and experience developing, implementing and monitoring large-scale operating capital budgets;
• Experience managing teams in a unionized environment is an asset;
• Well developed analytical , organizational, technical, communication and decision making skills;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, influence, motivate and mentor staff towards achieving corporate objectives and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders;
• Ability to work in an environment that is fast paced, while being able to prioritize multiple, often competing priorities with a positive attitude, and
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.
RESUMES STATING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JUNE 18, 2021 AND MAY BE ADDRESSED TO:
PUC SERVICES INC.
500 SECOND LINE E, SAULT STE. MARIE, ON P6A 6P2 Fax:(705) 759-6545