Algoma Power Inc.
Algoma Power Inc. is an electric distribution company that serves approximately 12,000 customers in the district of Algoma with over more than 1,800 kilometers of distribution lines in an area that covers approximately 14,200 square kilometers. Algoma Power Inc. is a subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc. (“FortisOntario”) which is headquartered in Fort Erie and has operations in electricity transmission and distribution primarily located in Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Cornwall, Gananoque and the district of Algoma. FortisOntario is the only investor-owned electric distribution utility in Ontario and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortis Inc. (“Fortis”). Fortis is the largest investor-owned distribution utility in Canada. Algoma Power Inc. currently has an opportunity working out of our Sault Ste. Marie location for a:
Under the general direction of the Superintendent, Fleet, Facilities and Materials, the incumbent will be responsible to perform general maintenance of tools, equipment, building and grounds as well as shipping and receiving of materials, inventory management and providing fleet support. The Utilityperson/Storekeeper must ensure all work assigned is performed efficiently and must be capable of identifying workplace hazards and be able to utilize all reasonable barriers to ensure safe work performance.
The ideal candidate will have following qualifications:
• Post-secondary education (or equivalent) in related field
• Experience in mechanical maintenance
• Minimum of 5 years building maintenance work experience
• Experience in shipping/receiving and inventory management
• Must possess and maintain a valid “D” Ontario Drivers’ License with a Class “Z” endorsement
• Certifiable for the safe operation of a forklift
• Excellent working knowledge of all applicable Provincial Safety Regulations, Provincial Environmental Regulations and Safe Practice Guides
• Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications is required; previous experience with SAP is an asset
• Proven ability/flexibility to work in a team environment or independently with minimal direction or supervision
• Ability to support other trades groups and individuals with specific core functions
Qualified candidates must apply in writing to express their interest in the position, with a cover letter and resume, outlining their education, experience and related qualifications to FortisOntario no later than 4:30PM on June 18, 2021 by e-mail to HR@FortisOntario.com. Please indicate “API – Utilityperson/Storekeeper” in the subject line.
We thank all respondents for their interest, however, we will only respond to those selected for an interview.
FortisOntario is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the recruitment cycle.
FortisOntario is an inclusive employer and committed to Accessibility.