We are seeking a Global Trainee to join our Health, Safety and Environment (HESA) team in Edmonton, AB. This position will be based initially in Edmonton area with a strong opportunity to move Sault Ste. Marie, ON.
All recent college graduates are hired into our Tenaris Global Trainee Program (GTP). The GTP is a two-year program dedicated to maximizing the potential of employees who have recently joined the company. It includes job rotations or projects, an extensive e-learning environment, on-the-job training and an intensive classroom training program at TenarisUniversity Induction Camp (4 weeks of training in Argentina). A well-structured follow-up and feedback framework will ensure the graduates to get the necessary guidance at the earlier steps of their career.
Tenaris is the leading supplier of tubes and related services for the world’s energy industry and certain other industrial applications. Our mission is to deliver value to our customers through product development, manufacturing excellence, and supply chain management. Tenaris employs around 22,000 people from more than 30 countries.
- Participates in the systematic identification, assessment and control of hazards and risks.
- Supports the implementation of the Company HESA procedures and daily management of all activities in the Health and Safety Department
- Analyzing HSE results, statistics, trends, action plans, and preparing periodical reports to propose corrective actions if needed and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Participates and supports the development of proper HESA training.
- Participates in the company HESA audit program.
- Participates in HESA committee meetings
- Supports and assists Clients and other interested parties, analyzing their requirements and implementing changes, if needed.
- Interacts with internal and/or external contacts with a higher level of autonomy.
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards
- Develop programs, policies, and procedures in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Managing H&S records, statistics and maintain reporting obligations to WSIB and other authorities
- Supporting the implementation of Health & Safety procedures, ensuring these are properly issued, implemented and updated
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Degree in a related field (Engineering, Sciences, Environment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills and adaptability
- Ability to work autonomously, with support from a national HSE team
- Strong “Customer First” focus
How to apply:
Tenaris offers a competitive salary, company and individual performance based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid pension/RSP contributions, tuition reimbursement and access to Corporate training through Tenaris University.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment and committed to providing accessible employment practices. If you require accommodations for a disability during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.