We are expanding – come grow with us!
The company recently broke ground on a 31,000 square-foot expansion of its existing 22,000 square-foot facilities and plans to add 80 jobs over the next 18 months. 80 plus jobs in the aviation industry have come to Sault Ste. Marie, with the expansion of Springer Aerospace in Echo Bay, ON.
You can be on your way to a rewarded career in aviation. If you have a great work ethic, the right attitude, are willing to learn, and able to handle a fast-changing environment and embrace change, the opportunities are endless! If this describes you, Springer Aerospace wants to hear from you.
Located just nine miles east of Sault Ste. Marie in Echo Bay, Springer Aerospace is one of Canada’s oldest aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) companies. Transport Canada certified, Springer Aerospace provides quality aircraft maintenance services to a wide range of customers such as airlines, commercial operators, and private owners. With over 40 years of experience in maintaining and operating aircraft, Springer Aerospace is capable of handling all aircraft up to and including large turboprop commuter aircraft. Their paint facility is one of the largest in Ontario and capable of handling aircraft up to the size of a CL-415, Dash 8 or ATR-72. From routine maintenance, to complete overhauls, structural repairs, and major modifications, Springer Aerospace can meet your needs and schedule.
The Technical Buyer’s overall responsibilities is to process Purchase Requests raised by Company personnel, negotiate prices, payment terms, delivery dates and expedite the orders to ensure items are received within the required time frame.
- Competitively source goods and services to ensure delivery of material to meet operational requirements;
- Ensure use of purchasing best practices when procuring goods or services;
- Liaise with internal / external customers, as well as, suppliers to understand the needs and to ensure products are acquired and received within the time-frame requested;
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best value for products being procured;
- Resolve problems with suppliers relating to goods, shipping errors, pricing and invoicing etc.;
- Follow up with maintenance / production and suppliers and find resolution of any parts that are difficult to procure or unavailable and resolve;
- Coordinate with Stores inventory control to review part consumption and collaborate on establishing min / max levels;
- Maintain accurate records and files of purchases and expediting activities;
- Assist with identified departmental objectives and initiatives as required;
- Ensure all materials meet company, Customer and government standards for quality;
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Post-secondary education required.
- Minimum of 3 years of procurement or supply chain experience is considered an asset.
- Aviation related procurement experience considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Working knowledge of aircraft IPC (Illustrated Parts Catalogue) or CMM (Components Maintenance Manual) is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is considered an asset.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list the duties and responsibilities associated with the position, and management may at any time request duties and responsibilities that are outside the scope of the job to maintain productivity of the business.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org