We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Talent Development Manager to support the Talent Management Strategy implementation and execution specifically for enterprise-wide learning and development programs.
**Please note: This role is an individual contributor position and does not have any direct reports**
Reporting to the Director Talent Development, you will be empowered to:
- Lead the design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning solutions in alignment with OLG’s strategic direction and business needs. Collaborates with the broader HR division to provide consultation advice, guidance and recommendations on training objectives and method of delivery (classroom, eLearning etc.).
- Develop modern, leading edge learning and development solutions including learning technologies, learning analytics and program design to be utilized by Divisions and/or organization wide.
- Develop, design, and deliver training solutions for regulatory compliance and required training for individual lines of business. Conduct on-going sessions to ensure employees at all levels have the appropriate level of understanding with regulations and required training.
- Build or source learning programs by undertaking gap analysis followed by scoping, design, development, and implementation.
- Provide instructional design expertise and development of programs using multiple delivery and distribution channels, including learning materials through production modalities such as written text, audio, video and other multimedia tools (eLearning) and learning assessments.
- Contributes in the development of a capability framework (all levels of talent) to support the Talent Management Strategy and align the learning offerings to support the framework.
- Develop, facilitate and train the trainer workshops/information sessions to support all human resources programs (i.e. performance management, orientation, succession planning, learning material to support policies etc.) that contribute to the organization’s initiatives and offerings for all talent segments.
- Collaborate with the broader HR division, for the implementation of the talent development programs, and provide customized learning solutions as required by the Divisions
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a career path framework across the organization and identify key learning activities for specific job families. Develop tools/assessments for skills gap analysis and career development plans.
- Provide advice and guidance to talent on development action plans that build on strengths and close gaps, using established techniques and assessment tools.
- Lead learning development projects and enhancements to existing programs, identify project goals and requirements; plan, develop and lead all activities required for project implementation.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and networks, keeping abreast of current trends and best practices
- Influence and build relationships with internal clients, subject-matter-experts and external earning partners when managing talent development projects
- Research and identify best-in-class vendors by managing the vendor selection process through utilization of procurement RFX processes and contract development
- Support People Manager to analyze and develop skill, performance, talent and competency development strategies
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Five (5) years of practical, related, hands-on experience as a trainer/facilitator/instructor of adult learning programs and eLearning modules. | Demonstrated experience building relationships with Subject Matter Experts, Vendors and management | Experience with eLearning software and design (Articulate Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate and Adobe InDesign) and Learning Management Systems (LMS) | Experience with MS Office suite of tools.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Arts, Business Administration or related field | Certificate in Adult Learning and/or Instructional Design | HR designation (with HRPA) is preferred
Critical Skills: Instructional Design, presentation and facilitation skills | Organization and interpersonal skills
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by October 11, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.