PUC Services Inc.
About Sault Ste. Marie: A welcoming and vibrant community of 73,000, Sault Ste. Marie provides an affordable, active lifestyle in the heart of the Great Lakes. What you’ll find here is a great career and even greater quality of life that offers short commute times and quick access to world class cultural and natural amenities. For more information, visit welcometossm.com.
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the distribution of electricity, the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member of our leadership team to supervise our Line Operations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of line operations, along with a strong work ethic and effective leadership skills to enhance and strengthen our Electric Operations for the organization and the community.
Reporting to the Manager, Line Operations and as a member of the Management Team, the Supervisor, Line Operations will be primarily responsible to:
- Provide support to the Manager in coordinating and managing operations, maintenance and construction of electrical distribution systems and streetlighting under the direction of PUC Services Inc. including out of town contracts through the safe, efficient, and effective deployment of available resources;
- Conduct a variety of activities to deploy available staff and equipment required to maintain, operate and construct electrical facilities;
- Provide for overall development and training of staff;
- Monitor health and safety compliance through workplace inspections and crew visits, and initiates corrective action, in conjunction with the Department Manager and the Manager, Safety & Operations Support
- Establish priorities, schedule availability of staff and ensure accurate payroll time and material reporting;
- Assess short/long term plans in order to assist in the development of annual and long-term budgets and purchases up to approved levels; and
- Ensure job procedures are followed.
- Preference for a post-secondary diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline;
- A minimum of twelve years’ experience in electrical distribution operations, preferably in a utility environment;
- A valid MEA or EUSA Powerline Technician Certificate or equivalent is an asset;
- Must obtain and maintain a Master Electrician Certification as recognized under Reg. 570/05 within the LDC’s required time period;
- Sound knowledge of and demonstrated experience in electrical distribution operations, maintenance and construction;
- Strong knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards and practices;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and oral/written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making;
- Ability to motivate and lead change through the use of team leadership skills;
- Strong understanding of project management principles;
- Well-developed analytical, organizational, and technical skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and work management systems;
- Ability to work for prolonged periods of time and to be on-call for after hour emergencies on a scheduled basis;
- Be available for out-of-town assignments that require overnight stays; and
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class DZ Ontario driver’s license.
How to apply:
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted until March 12, 2021. Please email your resume to HR@SSMPUC.COM.
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.