We are expanding – come grow with us!
The company recently broke ground on a 31,000 square-foot expansion of its existing 22,000 square-foot facilities and plans to add 80 jobs over the next 18 months. 80 plus jobs in the aviation industry have come to Sault Ste. Marie, with the expansion of Springer Aerospace in Echo Bay, ON.
You can be on your way to a rewarded career in aviation. If you have a great work ethic, the right attitude, are willing to learn, and able to handle a fast-changing environment and embrace change, the opportunities are endless! If this describes you, Springer Aerospace wants to hear from you.
Located just nine miles east of Sault Ste. Marie in Echo Bay, Springer Aerospace is one of Canada’s oldest aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) companies. Transport Canada certified, Springer Aerospace provides quality aircraft maintenance services to a wide range of customers such as airlines, commercial operators, and private owners. With over 40 years of experience in maintaining and operating aircraft, Springer Aerospace is capable of handling all aircraft up to and including large turboprop commuter aircraft. Their paint facility is one of the largest in Ontario and capable of handling aircraft up to the size of a CL-415, Dash 8 or ATR-72. From routine maintenance, to complete overhauls, structural repairs, and major modifications, Springer Aerospace can meet your needs and schedule.
The Structures Supervisor manages, co-ordinates and monitors all Structures related activities (Sheet Metal, Composite, Machining, Welding & Paint). The Structures Supervisor is the person directly responsible and accountable to ensure the successful completion of the Structures activities on all projects. They ensure that the project is completed within budget and on schedule, while ensuring that the Company’s quality standards are met. He is responsible for managing the personnel on their team and works directly with the Customer representatives on Structures related tasks.
- Ensure workplace is safe for the employees;
- Ensure work performed meets or exceeds the required Quality Standards;
- Plan / organize the daily / weekly work activities to ensure that schedule requirements are met;
- Plan overtime work activities, as required and keep overtime to a minimum;
- Assign tasks to the technicians and monitor the in-process work activities to ensure that the work is performed within the quoted timeframe;
- Highlight manpower shortages or surpluses to DOM;
- Manage the workstation;
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to the technicians. Coaching & training;
- Perform / participate in the actual performance of the work “hands on”, whenever possible;
- Attend & participate in various Production meetings;
- Monitor project progress and report any issues to the DOM that may affect aircraft delivery;
- Monitor the hours expended on the Routine Tasks;
- Monitor the hours expended on the NRC’s and revise them as required;
- Ensure personnel are charging against the correct work orders;
- Review & approve labour expenditure reports and resolve any related issues;
- Ensure that NRC’s are raised for any tasks that are beyond the scope work;
- Estimate the time required to complete NRC’s;
- Ensure personnel are performing tasks in accordance with approved documentation;
- Ensure that aircraft documentation is completed in accordance with the Companies Standards and Operators requirements;
- Report any quality issues to the DOM and QAM, as required;
- Ensure personnel are following instructions and performing tasks in accordance with Companies policies & procedures;
- Ensure material, subcontracted services and special tooling requirements are requested through Purchasing and follow up on the requirements;
- Review and approve Purchase Requests;
- Perform any other duties as required to support operational requirements.
- Interact directly with the Customers Technical Representative “Tech Rep” on any issues related to their projects and ensure that the DOM is informed of any issues that affects aircraft schedules or customer satisfaction;
- Interact with the Tech Rep for NRC approvals;
- Meet with the Tech Rep daily, or as required to discuss aircraft status;
General Administrative & Management
- Ensure the workplace is clean and safe at all times;
- Promote Safety Management System & raise SMS’s whenever required;
- Promote Continuous Improvement Activities & Incentives;
- Apply and adhere to safety policies;
Personnel / Human Resources
- Monitor employee attendance and take the necessary steps to correct non-conformances;
- Monitor employee performance (efficiency, quality, attitude, etc.) and take the necessary steps to coach and correct them;
- Ensure a progressive approach is taken towards discipline in coordination with the DOM;
- Ensure employees adhere to established Company Policies;
- Conduct performance evaluations;
- Review & process administrative documents (vacation requests, bank time, etc.)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering diploma (or equivalence);
- Possession of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License “S” required;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as AME;
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada;
- Aircraft type training courses on narrow and wide body aircraft will be considered an asset;
- Bilingual (French and English, written and spoken);
- Can read and interpret drawings;
- Proficient in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP);
- Committed to Continuous Improvement;
- Experience in team management (performance evaluation, disciplinary process, etc.);
- Experience in project management (managing deadlines, quality and budgets);
- Management training will be considered an asset;
- Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities under pressure;
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise;
- Ability to motivate and coach employees;
- Initiative, interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety-oriented atmosphere;
- Available from Monday to Friday (day shift) and for overtime, if required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org