ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
Staff Accountant – Sault Ste. Marie, ON
The Staff Accountant will support the Finance Manager, Operations Controller, and finance team in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance department. This position has a full range of responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing GL accounts for accuracy and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Monthly review of open purchase orders.
- An integral part of the finance department to ensure an accurate and timely month-end close.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing various closing and post-closing reconciliations.
- Adhere to Sox compliance as it relates to annual fixed asset verification that may also include a heightened focus on the disposal process.
- Audit and support Asset Reliability Program.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and variance analyses
- Process purchase requisitions and Service Entry Sheets.
- Work closely with plant capital/operations on capital projects.
- Provide backup support for accounts payable and wood delivery reconciliation/processing.
- Manage the Unresolved Invoice Log and GRIR (Goods Received Invoice Received) Report.
- Update and distribute FSC reports monthly.
- Assist the site with all other financial reporting requirements, special projects, and ad hoc requests by others.
- Develop, maintain individual and company goals.
- Provide support to all external/internal audits.
- Minimum of degree or diploma in Business or Accounting or participating in recognized accounting designation program in Ontario.
- Prefer 2+ years of work experience in a manufacturing accounting role.
- Experience with any ERP / MRP (SAP, Oracle, Hyperion, etc.) is preferred. SAP is currently used.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will complement a Team-Based environment.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required.
How to apply: https://career8.successfactors.com/careers
Keywords: staff accountant, accountant, sap, oracle, hyperion, month-end, month-end, accounting, finance, general ledger, general ledgers, cma, cpa, Excel, audit, audits, entries, ledger, ledgers, balance sheet, balance sheets, reconciliation, reconciliations, manufacturing, plant, wood products, osb, strandboard, strand board, plywood, wallboard, wallboard, flooring, lumber, wood
Arauco is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. Where it is not possible to remove barriers, Arauco will make efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities in a timely, effective and suitable manner. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.