Senior Training Specialist
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it! Massive change is afoot in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize opportunities for growth; to be a part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG is striving to be a gaming market leader and first choice for entertainment.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Senior Training Specialist to plan, design and deliver Customer Care training programs that align with business goals and objectives while supporting employee performance.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Manager Customer Care Training, you will be empowered to:
- Develop training plans to align with Customer Care training needs and performance targets
- Create and maintain standardized training packages (instructional guides, lesson plans evaluation templates, post-training surveys)
- Design training programs with best-in-class instructional strategies (co-operative learning, scenario-based learning) and curriculum design (needs assessment, learning outcomes, course outlines, lesson plans and evaluation techniques)
- Deliver training programs in a confident and engaging manner through a variety of channels (classroom, e-learning, virtual and HyFlex) that considers a variety of learning styles
- Coach and support employees throughout the training cycle
- Track and report on learner progress through established evaluations (informal and formal)
- Identify and escalate employee performance and development concerns to ensure a high performing work culture
- Monitor Customer Care interactions to ensure training effectiveness and confirm the integration of newly developed skills into learners work habits and behaviours
- Review existing training materials to ensure content is updated and reflects training best practices and industry trends
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: 3+ years of related work experience in a similar role planning and delivering training across the full training cycle experience in an adult learning environment
Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field (Training, Adult Education, Human Resources etc.) or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design, training methodologies, techniques and related tools; hands on experience in planning and delivering adult training programs; ability to train groups of all sizes and learning levels in developing and deploying effective training solutions, comfortable developing both net new and enhancing existing training; excellent training and delivery skills; ability to maintain high level of discretion and confidentiality due to daily interaction with sensitive operation and employee data
Assets: Knowledge of contact centre best practices, performance measurement, technologies and job functions; operational knowledge of Customer Care business processes and factors affecting customer service levels; proficient with MS Teams and/or other instructional design tools
Results Driven: Demonstrates confidence and professionalism, communicates clearly, meets deadlines and delivers quality work
Negotiation and Influence: well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Licenses, Registrations, Certificates: AGCO Category 2 Gaming Assistant Registration (Initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional upon obtaining and maintaining this license)
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by August 21, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.