GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Sr Solution Architecture Manager to With an Agile mindset, the Sr Solution Architecture Manager (SAM) is accountable for ensuring detailed Technology design and architecture of products/solutions that align to the overall Technology roadmap, ensuring delivered solutions achieve desired Business outcomes. The role works closely with various internal business and IT stakeholders as well as Third Party Vendors, to understand strategies, roadmaps, requirements and systems dependencies across internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the delivery of optimal, cost-effective, flexible and scalable designs that meet business requirements and take into account latest industry technology and trends.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director, Solution Architecture, you will be empowered to:
- Provide support and guidance to Architecture Managers in the overall analysis and design of solutions (including artifacts review) within designated portfolio of projects and initiatives
- Develop product and solution roadmaps for the assigned portfolio working closely with the business innovation teams, enterprise architecture team and other technology and business groups as required
- Work closely with the business innovation team to supports technical requirement gathering and systems requirement design to ensure alignment back to the business needs and Technology architecture
- With an agile mindset, support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution architecture delivery methodologies
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and supports the execution of the Enterprise Technology Strategy and Roadmap, ensuring solution architectures for future products/solutions are consistent with organizational goals, business objectives, standards and contractual requirements
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and recommend and guide POC (proof of concept) for technologies that will accelerate development, provide competitive advantage, increase agility and improve systems resiliency
- Determine the required skillsets to support the delivery of the solutions of new products and solutions
- Provide regular solution-related updates and presentations for new products/solutions to key Technology stakeholders (e.g., Senior Leadership Team, IT Core, Technology Leadership Council, etc.)
- Work closely with Procurement, Project Managers and Technology Delivery Managers to ensure proper sourcing of required 3rd party solutions, including participation in any related RFx process, as required
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in leading the design, build and implementation of complex application and technology solutions involving multiple technology areas | Minimum four (4) years of Solution Architecture experience | Proficient in six (6) of the above primary knowledge competency areas as listed above | Minimum five (5) years of providing Subject Matter Expertise to business and IT stakeholders
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in computer science/information technology/ engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Critical Skills: Primary knowledge around: Solution Architecture (SA)-architecture styles, architecture patterns, design patterns | Development Life Cycle Methodologies (i.e. agile, waterfall, etc) | Product and Vendor evaluation | Technology trends – microservices, containerization, Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), , etc | Enterprise technology architecture (infrastructure, network, platform, etc) | Designing new products/solutions within gaming/lottery domain | Guiding improvements in architecture delivery process | Analytical Thinking | Relationship Management | Problem Solving | Impact and Influence | Continuous Learning | Agile mindset | Team Orientation
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by August 18, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.