|Location:||Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada|
|OLG Site or Facility:||Foster Drive Office|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Length of Contract:|
|Department/Division:||Media & Sponsorship Fees|
|Posting Expiry Date:||8/15/2019|
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Sr. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications Development & Production the SEO Specialist will support the development and execution of SEO Strategy & Goals for all new digital marketing-based projects for OLG’s owned digital channels. Plan and lead cross-departmental teams across the enterprise pertaining to SEO strategy and principles to optimize and continually revitalize website content for maximum SEO ranking and performance.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate to optimize both the volume of inbound organic traffic from Search engines to our websites as well as the conversion rates. Continually revitalize and optimize SEO content for stronger SEO ranking with SERP analysis.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and project teams for website migration with focus to sustain and increase organic traffic to maximize revenue.
- Prepare quality link-building, content collaborations and content optimization options for OLG digital assets.
- Lead all SEO asset assessments and content gap analyses. SEO & SEM quality score optimization with media
- Support internal and agency copywriters for SEO content on websites, apps, email and other digital marketing deliverables including Social Media SEO, You Tube SEO, Link Building and other for complex user journeys
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO and Brand & marketing goals – general and keyword specific.
- Leverage internal insights and analytics tools from enterprise teams for running SEO reporting and performance tracking. Collaborate with teams for creating tracking and reporting for all SEO initiatives to track ROI. Local & technical search audits including content expansion roadmap performance tracking. Competitor analyses.
- Prepare reports for management, detailing SEO campaign performance within insights and recommendations for future considerations.
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in English, communications, advertising or a related field
- Certification in SEO
- Understanding of creative storytelling principles
- Understanding of writing styles and principles across various mediums
- Minimum 3-5 years of SEO experience in SEO dedicated role (agency, design house, in-house)
- Advanced Google Analytics experience
- Expert experience with multiple SEO tools: MOZ, ahrefs, SEMrush, Google search console, Screaming Frog etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on August 15, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.