GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Software Tester to perform testing activities to verify that software and infrastructure components conform to defined requirements, system designs, and quality standards. Identify appropriate tests, writes and executes test scripts, analyze and document test results, and recommend solutions for any identified problems. Also create, configure, maintain, and manage hardware/software project environments for development, technical testing, acceptance testing and pre-production installs to ensure consistency.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Sr Manager Development Quality Control, you will be empowered to:
- Lead the execution of the Master Test Plan ensuring coordination of all efforts of internal testing teams, vendor test teams and relevant business stakeholders
- Design, prepare and execute System Integration Testing activities and oversee all test phases to verify that software and infrastructure components conform to defined requirements system designs, and quality standards/processes to improve overall implementation
- Analyze and verify testing requirements including test plans developed by service providers for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards and provides recommendations for changes or approval to ensure quality testing
- Develop and deliver test strategies, test plans, test phases and test cases for all OLG projects and work packages, as applicable, to ensure effective implementation of all changes to the production environment
- Collaborate with business testing teams to ensure alignment of User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans and avoiding unnecessary overlap of testing efforts
- Identify and define appropriate tests, writes and executes test scripts, analyses and documents interim and final test results including ensuring the testing environment and test data is ready and correct for the planned tests, and recommends solutions for any identified problems
- Perform compatibility tests with various peripheral gaming and mobile devices.
- Participate/collaborate in prototyping/proof of concept development, testing and technical fixes during subsequent testing, development & configuration of integrations to ensure alignment to quality control standards
- Implement and monitor quality metrics, measurement and quality improvement initiatives in order to achieve or exceed baseline performance targets, including reviewing and monitoring deliverables of Managed Testing Service vendors ensuring that testing deliverables and software quality provided adhere to contractual obligations and quality metrics
- Provide technical expertise for review and utilization of test plan; implements additions and changes as planned to meet project timelines
- Work with Technology Operations, Solution Delivery, Quality Control, Project Managers, Vendors and Clients to identify resolution of testing and / or environmental defects/issues. Escalate to Team Leader where necessary
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Minimum of Seven (7) years’ progressive experience in medium to large Technology solutions | Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in Quality Control. Proficient in fifteen (15) of the primary knowledge competency areas as listed below | Providing Subject Matter Expertise and/or guidance to the team
Education: post-secondary degree, preferably in an information systems and/or business administration discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Critical Skills: Primary knowledge around: Application Testing. System Testing | System Testing Tools | Software Quality Assurance | Testing Process Improvement (TPI) | Testing Strategies & Planning | User Acceptance Testing (UAT) | Test Management Software | Test Status Reporting | Agile/Scrum. System Development Life Cycle | Testing on various Operating Systems and associated runtime environment (eg, Mobile, Servers, Web applications) and Database Management Systems | Testing on mobile platforms | Web Presentation and Application Servers | SOAP/JIRA/Confluence/ALM | Designing and developing automated test methods and tools (an asset) | Knowledge of HR solutions (Workday) and ERP solutions (MS Dynamic 365) is an asset.
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by October 7, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.