District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board
Job Posting: #29-21
Job Title: Social Equity Coordinator
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for a Social Equity Coordinator to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie.
Following the release of the Community Adjustment Committee’s (CAC) report entitled “A Common Cause and New Direction for Sault Ste. Marie,” a unique opportunity exists for a dynamic, action-oriented and highly organized individual to positively impact our community. Acting as a liaison between the Algoma Leadership Table (ALT) and the District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board (DSSMSSAB), the successful candidate will coordinate, implement and monitor focused projects and initiatives within the Social Equity pillar, designed to improve the well-being of our citizens and our community.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Assist with the development and implementation of poverty reduction strategies for the Community
• Work with Indigenous communities and/or other cultures and demonstrate an understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion principles
• Provide vision and direction for inclusion initiatives with particular focus on diversity, equity, and access and serve as an advocate for the interests of traditionally underrepresented community members. Advances inclusion and equity throughout the Community through outreach and networking initiatives with external community groups.
• Develop work plans and annual goals and objectives based on data analysis and desired outcomes established by the ALT and the City.
• Report to the ALT and the City on the progress of the plan.
• Identify, collect, interpret and analyze key data points to assist in measuring progress of outcomes.
• Budget and allocation of resources.
• Liaise between the ALT, the DSSMSSAB and Community Partners.
• Comply with Health and Safety and City policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have strong understanding of the four pillars of the CAC report: A Common Cause and New Direction for Sault Ste. Marie, analytical skills, data interpretation and the ability to integrate and report data from a variety of sources. The successful candidate will also have the ability to research principles and process the contributing to evidence-based community service practices. The successful candidate will also have the ability to work independently and as a team member to complete projects, have the skills to develop, implement and monitor work plans and/or projects, demonstrate leadership in a variety of roles/settings including strategic and community planning, have a commitment to community involvement and community activities and/or agencies. In addition, the successful candidate will have an understanding of the Human Services System in Sault Ste. Marie, the ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position, excellent inter-personal, communications, collaboration and relationship management skills, as well as experience in presentations and/or public information sessions. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment; including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc., will be an additional skill required of the successful candidate.
Additional qualifications for this position include:
• A University Degree in a related field of study; e.g. Social Services, Business, Human Services, Education or Community Development, preferred, or
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study, with relevant demonstrated experience, will be considered
• Multi-lingual an asset
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to email@example.com with the subject line referencing Job Posting 29-21 Social Equity Coordinator, Administration. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board offers a competitive compensation package, extensive benefit and pension programs, and a 35-hour work week.
Salary Range: $64,699 – $77,010
Job Class: Non-Union JC 3
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Closing Date: June 15, 2021 at 16:00 hours
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.