STEM Engineering Group
Candidates should have experience utilizing basic structural engineering principles, drafting standards, and be proficient with AutoCAD/AUTODESK software. The available position is in the structural group and responsibilities include performing preliminary designs and producing construction drawings for a variety of structural projects.
- Work with a team of project managers, engineers, and technologists
- Perform structural site investigations and surveys
- Develop structural concept reports, condition reports, and construction budgets
- Provide feedback on structural designs for building systems and implement design on drawings and specifications
- Coordinate with industry, other disciplines, and clients
- Represent the structural portion of a project during the contract administration stage: carry out shop drawing reviews, prepare site instructions and CCNs, review progress draws, etc.
- Perform site inspections and prepare field observation reports
- Set up AutoCAD drawings as per the company’s standard
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
- Upon completion, verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work
- Manage project tasks within assigned time and budget constraints
- Ability to complete projects independently when required
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques, codes, and standards to sustain and improve technical skills
- Assist in researching new systems, resources, analytical processes, procedures and working practices to identify and implement changes to increase efficiency, productivity and overall profitability
- College diploma in Civil/Structural Technology with a focus on Structural or other equivalent training.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in conception and CAD design.
- Valid Drivers License
- Knowledge of OBC and NBCC.
- Building science knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced team environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong desire for advancement and professional development
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong AutoCAD experience and capability
- Demonstrated experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of significant projects
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department: email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted.