GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it! Massive change is afoot in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize opportunities for growth; to be a part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG is striving to be a gaming market leader and first choice for entertainment. We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Scrum Master (II) who is accountable for coordinating the delivery of agile based development for OLG. This includes helping teams develop new products and features by working closely with Product Owners, Solutions Architects, Technical Leads and delivery labs. Scrum Masters play a critical role in facilitating the use of Agile methodologies and philosophy, ensuring teams remain engaged and successful in the delivery of solutions
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Senior Director of Agile Delivery and CoE you will be empowered to:
Partner in the Product Teams
- Promote and support the product delivery teams by helping everyone understand the theory, practices, rules, and values of Scrum and other agile frameworks
- Understand the work of cross-functional teams, ensuring teams are empowered to report on their progress while helping to address any impediments that are impacting them
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo meetings on complex product implementations to discuss team accomplishments, plan daily work, identify and address any obstacles faced by the team
- Partner with the Product Owners and Product Manager to lead scrum of scrums (i.e. manage a product release train), engaging multiple delivery teams for a product line
- Contribute in ceremonies orchestrating releases across the Digital Platform
Track and implement agile practices
- Track and report metrics & KPIs while ensuring teams create, maintain, and share knowledge artifacts
- Drive continuous improvement by acting as a change agent
- Provide understanding of software development practice, concepts/methodologies (i.e., Agile, iterative, waterfall), and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience
- Implement agile ceremonies, processes, practices, and tools to create simple, consistent, sustainable, efficient and flexible ways of working, coaching teams to become self-sufficient and self-organized
Establish Critical Relationships & Communication
- Act as a communication bridge between the Product Owners and the development team to ensure product management and development teams are regularly sharing information.
- Actively works to seek out impediments blocking the teams progress and works cross functionally to remove impediments
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Collaboration & fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Cross functional relationships: The role works in close partnership with Product Owners, Solution Architects and Technical Leads to ensure timely delivery of labs. The role interacts regularly with product management and other stakeholders within other parts of OLG and with vendors to help clear roadblocks to the team’s progress
Knowledge & Skills: Significant understanding of Agile frameworks & methodologies to coach and embed behaviors. Understanding of frameworks or approaches to scale Agile preferred. Business analysis, scrum master, project manager certification is an asset. Seasoned knowledge and a demonstrated command of scrum-master methods (e.g., scrum, Kanban, story point estimating. Command of scrum master and scaling processes acquired through formal training combined with 5-7 years of relevant job experience
Education & Work experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in complex digital product implementations is required, with experience in more complex interactions as a scrum master role (e.g. scrum of scrums, release train engineering) preferred. A strong grasp of modern development technologies, automated testing, development lifecycles, flows and system integration patterns (Scrum, xP, Lean Kanban etc). Extensive scrum master experience preferred (Credentials to look for include PSM level I, II, III).
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: family friendly work practices to help you balance both work and life
- You Matter: we are wellness focused with various resources, to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- You’ll be Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Prioritize your Life: flexible work arrangements, generous family, and life event leaves, OPB pension to ensure even after we part ways you’re taken care of
- Our Culture: we reward innovation and allow for autonomy, we support your lifelong learning with 24-7 access to online learning programs, we provide an environment that values diversity as a source of strength, we provide performance-based incentives to share in the organization’s success
Learn about OLG
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization which supports with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is in our people. Trust, clarity, and openness are essential to our overall success. We are supporting and empowering employees across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, cornerstones to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. All OLG’s profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
If you find this career opportunity and joining the OLG family is exciting, we want to hear from you, please apply online before:August 5, 2021
How to apply:
OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.