Reference Number: SQA20190925SSM
PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading-edge companies, technologies, and tools. As one of Canada’s largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with ‘quality’ people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We are growing in Sault Ste. Marie and are currently looking for a senior QA lead, with a minimum of 10 years of formal experience, to help us do that! The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of software verification and validation of a large re-platforming initiative on behalf of our client.
- Develop master test plan for overall project testing
- Develop project SIT test strategy including functional, regression and performance testing
- Create relevant test plans
- Identify QA resources needed for the project
- Provide work estimates and QA-specific resource requirements
- Provide guidance and best practices for testing
- Provide testing resources with training and mentoring on the testing processes, test standards and the testing tools
- Collaborate with performance test engineers for performance testing consulting and support
- Collaborate with automated test engineers for test automation consulting and support
- Configure HP ALM and ensure that the standard workflows are implemented
- Review requirements for testability, ambiguity or redundancy
- Ensure traceability matrices are available
- Communicate the progress and status of testing
- Identify testing risks and provide a risk mitigation plan
- Determine a risk-based test strategy
- Coordinate the testing efforts for projects that involve multiple applications or portfolios
- Coordinate and facilitate the defect triage meetings
- Provide testing metrics and KPIs
- Keep stakeholders informed of the progress and status with appropriate dashboards and reports
- Escalate QA issues to the project manager
- Train client resources for using and maintaining testing tools
- Transfer knowledge of project testing to client resources after completion of the project
- 10+ years leadership experience
- Good knowledge of various QA methodologies
- Post-Secondary degree (Computer Science or similar preferred)
- Test metrics and reporting
- Strong communication, leadership and people management skills
A little bit about us
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd
Who We Are
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA) is one of Canada’s premiere nearshore business technology outsourcing providers. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Filogix, CGI, SkillSoft, Computer Associates, lynda.com, National Bank of Canada, Boeing, Nortel and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver outsourced managed services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage and market share for our clients.
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees’ personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee’s health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.
Feel like having an ice cream on a hot summer Friday afternoon? Or do you feel like taking in a sports event in our lounge? You could even challenge yourself with one of the many puzzles we always have on the go. Whatever your choice is, always remember one thing while you’re working at PQA Testing…have fun!
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Terms of Employment and Compensation:
As a full time employee at PQA, you will receive a Group Benefit Plan, including health and dental coverage, competitive salary and a group RRSP plan. The successful candidate may be required to provide a Criminal Record Check.
How to apply: