Canadian Bank Note
Canadian Bank Note Company designs, launches, and supports secure solutions for currency and excise, border security, identification and lottery systems for countries around the world. Our operations in Sault Ste. Marie focus on our lottery and charitable gaming operations that turn paper-based charitable games into profitable, popular digital properties. Located in professional sports venues and community gaming centres, we offer an enhanced, secure and fun way for fans to participate and support local good causes like children’s hospitals, amateur athletics and educational initiatives.
What’s In It For You?
This is a perfect opportunity for a professional looking to design and support network infrastructure at enterprise level environment. Once trained on our systems, you’ll be empowered to own projects from beginning to end. You’ll get hands-on experience in an environment that constantly embraces new technology, including cloud technology. In this role you get exposure to the full system, participating in large scale projects and seeing the outcome benefit our customers first hand. We will rely on your expertise to guide our technology roadmap.
What will you do:
As a member of the Infrastructure & Applications team you will help design, build, deploy, monitor, and maintain our enterprise class Bingo IT systems and infrastructure
- Produce logical and physical design documentation for network infrastructure projects
- Lead and facilitate the migration from physical equipment to virtual networks you’ll be an essential resource in modernizing Bingo games and system infrastructure
- Act as a project lead or advisor to Product/Project managers in the evolution of Business Systems and Technology including from proof of concept to implementation (including new switches, new technologies
- Plan, evaluate, install, configure, upgrade and perform maintenance procedures on network infrastructure
- Provide 2nd level technical support and mentoring to Service Desk and Technical Support teams.
What will help you succeed
In terms background, you may have a degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or industry certifications such as (Cisco, Microsoft), but if not and you have a strong networking design experience we want to hear from you.
- Must have expert level knowledge and experience with networking concepts (SD WAN, PKI); network security and Mobile and Wireless technologies
- Knowledge of routing, load balancing, proxies, IP addressing, and VLANs .
- Experience working with network devices such as Fortinet an asset
- Experience with enterprise networking is an asset
- Experience working within MS Visio is an asset
- Writing and troubleshooting scrips, including powershell is an asset
- Any exposure to AWS, Google Cloud, Azure is an asset
- Ability to manage projects, deadlines, resourcing, and coordination
- An analytical mind with proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to coach and mentor up and coming talent is an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel within North America, and potentially international up to 25% of your time post covid
- Participate in an on call rotation and respond to incidents on a 24/7 basis.
- The ability to obtain, and maintain, Government of Canada Secret (Level II) and AGCO clearance
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at CBN, you job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer’s success stories. So, if you’re looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
How to apply:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. Canadian Bank Note Company Limited is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.