GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Senior Cloud Operations Specialist to execute the day-to-day delivery of the Incident Support Desk focused on the investigation of Player issues, system issues, service provider issues and web front end incidents. The role provides exceptional customer service and experience by acting as the point of contact for users seeking assistance on issues related to the web front end application, system issues and service provider issues. The role investigates incidents, provides troubleshooting expertise and resolves or escalates issues as they arise in the OLG Cloud environment while working a shift work rotation.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Manager Cloud Operations Centre, Data Centre, you will be empowered to:
- Execute the day-to-day delivery of the Incident Support services (e.g. Prioritizing Issues, and Technical Troubleshooting), including delivering services to ensure uptime and player continuity and satisfaction.
- Investigate Player issues, performing support activities and resolution.
- Support the incident and problem management processes for new and existing initiatives, products and services projects.
- Support the development, implementation and adherence to service standards (e.g. incident troubleshooting/ resolution, escalation), including providing related reporting to ensure traceability and transparency.
- Log, review, update and investigate service desk tickets to ensure services are meeting the predefined service level agreement (SLAs) targets including escalating issues as necessary to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction
- Document incident response, including updating ticket information on how the incident support team is troubleshooting and resolving issues to ensure consistent quality of services.
- Assist in root-cause analysis, solution research and development for new and unknown service issues to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Classify and elevate incidents as per OLG Service Classification requirements, including escalating incidents to the appropriate groups (as required) in a timely manner to improve time to resolution
- Identify possible improvement opportunities for Service Desk support services in order to improve efficiency metrics
- Monitor the Cloud environment for issues and alarms, troubleshoots and escalates where required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience within a Technology role with particular focus in Service Desk Support or Cloud Operations. Proficient in eight (8) of the above primary knowledge competency areas as listed above.
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Critical Skills: Analytical Thinking | Relationship Management | Decision Making and Critical Thinking | Continuous Learning | Team Orientation | Planning: Tactical, Strategic
Primary knowledge around: PC/Workstation Software | PC/Workstation Hardware | Mobile Hardware and software
Technical Troubleshooting | Technology Systems Management |Help Desk | Technology Incident Management
Problem Management | Technology Service Improvement | Cloud Infrastructure and Networking | Adobe Experience Manager | Adobe Campaign Manager | 3rd Party Vendor relationship
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by August 18, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.