Boniferro Mill Works
ABOUT BONIFERRO MILL WORKS
We are a Hardwood Sawmill located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality hardwood products. Built in 1948, the mill has operated on this site for over Seventy years. We are committed to continuous operation of a safe and efficient sawmill utilizing the sustainable fiber from the Algoma Forest.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor at our Hardwood Sawmill in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of production and maintenance employees, procedures and targets. The Supervisor will also be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity and quality in the mill for continuous improvements.
• Schedule employees to ensure efficient and safe production cycles.
• Assure that all employees are trained in all safe work practices and employees follow all lock-out and safety rules.
• Develop and implement methods and procedures to control production efficiency, maximize equipment up time, while maintaining a safe working environment.
• Promote continuous improvement in processes to reduce waste, costs and provide the quality and volume required while maximizing log yield.
• Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime.
• Maintain continuous feedback to team members concerning job performance, as well as conducting performance reviews.
• Applies and/enforces all Boniferro Mill Works policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
• Promote clean, safe work areas throughout the mill and yard by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
• Track and record all employees time and submit for payroll each payroll period.
• Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
• Result-Oriented and Team player.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Good communication and coaching/motivating skills.
• Strong ethic, integrity and judgment.
• Basic Computer skills.
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree with at least 3 years of experience in supervisory role.
• Strong experience in employee performance management.
• Understanding of all areas of production of the manufacturing process and preventative maintenance programs.
• Proven Health and Safety accountability and knowledge of occupational health and safety.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to; Nathaniel.email@example.com
Application deadline: April 19, 2021