Temporary Part Time Registered Technologist
OPSEU LOCAL 620
JOB POSTING #: 254-320-2021
POSITION: Registered Technologist – Temporary Part Time (Up to six months)
DEPARTMENT: Cardiac Catheterization Unit
RATE: $32.99 – $44.22 hourly
JOB CODE: OA007.8
SHIFT: Shift Work
- Exam the equipment and room preparation including; cleaning and arranging equipment, change and prepare patients, assisting in organizing daily work loads
- Perform Cardiac Exams as per proper protocol and procedures.
- Perform procedures involving the application or administration of ionizing radiation only when the conditions under the applicable legislation (including, without limitation, the Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act and its regulations, and the Nuclear Safety and Control Act, its regulations and licenses issued there under) have been met.
- Perform only those controlled acts that have been authorized, or exempted or accepted under the legislation, or delegated in accordance with the legislation and the Comprehensive Guidelines.
- Assist with blood pressure and oximetry setup for hemodynamic monitoring.
- Assist nursing staff with sterile setup of cardiac procedures.
- Provide reports, keep records and review exam results with interpreting cardiologist
- Assist Clinical Instructor with student training, instruct and supervise student when assigned to technologist and help with case and student evaluations as requested.
- View and complete exams and paperwork in X-celera, Meditech, Xper Information Management at exam completion.
- Experience with interventional cardiology procedures, intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and FFR, pacemaker implants
- Perform quality control checks
- Perform general office duties such as ordering of Departmental supplies and requisitioning maintenance service in emergencies.
- Assume any other functions as may be required by the immediate supervisor or management.
- Graduate from an Accredited school of Medical Radiation Technology
- Member in good standing of the C.A.M.R.T.
- C.M.R.T.O registration required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
- Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
- Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of:
- MEDITECH HIS/RIS or other Electronic Medical Record system
- Fixed Fluoroscopic C-Arm Units
- Computed Radiography Systems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and deal with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the Hospital’s mission statement and core values
NOTE: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete OPSEU internal application form.
POSTED: April 19, 2021, 16:00 hours to April 27, 2021, 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.