The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
Position Summary: The RPN role in the Surgery Department includes patient care and education, consultation, reprocessing, and collaboration with other members of the health care team.
- Diploma from an approved Practical Nursing Program
- Valid Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a clinical setting, preferably a Medical-Surgical Unit, Minor Procedures Clinic or Endoscopy Unit
- Approved RPN courses in Medication Administration, Physical assessment, and IV Therapy
- Current CPR certification and AER competency
- Ability to practice autonomously when the patient’s condition is less complex (predictable, low risk for negative outcomes) and knows when to consult with RN if complexity increases (unpredictable, high risk for negative outcomes)
- Ability to provide an excellent patient experience evidenced by good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and strong understanding of privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to care for patients as unique individuals whose goals, values, and point of view may differ from those of the caregiver
- Excellent team member skills able to collaborate with other members of the health care team
- Proficiency in the use of EPIC
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to reprocess equipment and instruments used in the Endoscopy/Surgery setting
- Strong knowledge of the Application of Universal Precautions in the workplace to protect both patient and practitioner from harm and risk
Compensation: Salary as per the CUPE Collective Agreement – $24.31 to $25.77 commensurate with experience
Operations: Monday to Friday – Business Hours, Weekends & Holidays Off
Applications By: June 18, 2020
Please apply to online via the Intranet “Apply Now” link or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by June 18, 2020. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5513. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization.