The Organization: The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
Position Summary: The RPN will provide direct support for Dr. Stewart’s office. The RPN role includes patient care and education, consultation, and collaboration with other members of the health care team. The RPN provides nursing assessment, treatment, and patient teaching within a providers practice. The RPN works closely with the provider to assist and provide education, support and health care to patients and their families.
- Registered Practical Nurse with a valid Certificate of Registration with The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Approved RPN courses in Medication Administration and Physical Assessment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical setting; Medical office experience an asset
- Current CPR certification and AED competency
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- A solid track record of maintain privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
- Demonstrated knowledge of current infection control standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
Compensation: Salary as per the CUPE Collective Agreement – $24.31 to $25.77 commensurate with experience
Operations: Monday to Friday – Business Hours
Weekends & Holidays Off
Applications By: August 5, 2020
Please apply to email@example.com or online via the Intranet’s “Apply Now” link (internal staff only)
Interested applicants are asked to submit a combined cover letter and resume (preferably in PDF format) indicating their qualifications for the position by August 5, 2020. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5513. Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.