The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
The RPN will be assigned to Dr. Lavoie’s practice in OB/GYN. The role includes patient care and education, consultation, and advocacy. The RPN uses nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care. The RPN supports the multi-disciplinary team by collaboration in providing excellent pre & postnatal care and education. The RPN office assistant will support the department by assisting OB/GYN provider with LEEPS and Colposcopies, incoming referrals and various procedures specific to the OB/GYN department such as fundal heights, fetal heart monitoring, non-stress test, assistance with IUD insertions and vaginal examinations.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical setting; recent experience with obstetrics and women’s health
- Approved RPN courses in Medication Administration and Physical Assessment
- Demonstrated experience in maternity and/or gynaecology unit
- Excellent physical assessment experience; OB/GYN experience an asset
- Current CPR certification and AED competency
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships, ability to meet with people in a pleasant, professional, and responsible manner, both in person and on the telephone; using tact, and courtesy
- Ability to provide an excellent patient experience evidenced by good verbal and written communication skills
- A solid track record of maintaining privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
- The ability to care for patients as unique individuals whose goals, values, and point of view may differ from those of the caregiver
- Excellent team member skills able to collaborate with other members of the health care team
- EMR proficiency in EPIC
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
Salary as per the CUPE Collective Agreement – $24.06 to $25.01 commensurate with experience
Monday to Friday – Business Hours, Weekends & Holidays Off
March 19, 2020
Please apply to email@example.com or online via the Intranet’s “Apply Now” link (internal staff only)
Interested applicants are asked to submit a combined cover letter and resume (preferably in PDF format) indicating their qualifications for the position by March 19, 2020. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5589. Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.