The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
Position Summary: Utilizing the Health Maintenance Module of EPIC identify patients who are eligible for a screening procedure; coordinate the screening of eligible patients and provide them with education, health coaching and promotion of self-management; liaise with primary care providers who are responsible for follow-up tests for patients; create and maintain health maintenance plans; develop and maintain communication scripts. This position may also be utilized to provide coverage in Primary Care and/or Specialty Care (if applicable).
Qualifications and skills required:
- Registered Practical Nurse with a valid Certificate of Registration with The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
- Strong ability to build and maintain successful and positive working relationships
- Well-developed self-awareness, self-management and social awareness skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service evidenced by well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated skill and experience providing patients with education and health coaching
- Demonstrated skill in exercising initiative, judgment and sound decision making
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow both proactively and reactively
- Ability to shift focus quickly and effectively based on the nature of work
- Superior ability to assist the physician with treatment of patient, procedures, and follow-up care
- Proven ability and experience working with patients of all age groups
- Demonstrated success in living the values of GHC
- A solid track record of maintaining privacy and confidentiality in the workplace
- Strong understanding and use of EPIC that aligns with best practices
How to apply:
Please apply to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.