JOB POSTING #: 502-550-2019
POSITION: Registered Practical Nurse – 2 Part-time
UNIT: 3B- Medical
RATE: $29.08 – $29.59 hourly
JOB CODE: 5050.2
SHIFTS: Shift Work
- Effectively uses the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the patient.
- Provides health teaching to patient and family.
- Is responsible for making clinical decisions, exercising judgment to ensure best possible nursing care is provided within available resources.
- Is cognizant of the Hospital Mission Statements and Nursing Philosophy and reflects these beliefs in practice.
- Participates and is involved in the implementation and practice of a theory based practice approach to nursing care.
- Is cognizant of and participates in the development of the Nursing and Unit objectives.
- Graduate of an accredited Practical Nursing program.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Current certification in venipuncture (I.V. certification).
- Hospital inpatient medical experience within the last two years
- Demonstrated clinical competency in the management and care of patients in the medical unit.
- Knowledge in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only applicants moving onto the testing/interview stages will be contacted.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete internal application form.
POSTED: August 8 2019, 16:00 hours to August 19, 2019, 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.