JOB POSTING #: 566-627-2019
POSITION: Registered Nurses – Part Time
UNIT: Emergency Department
JOB CODE: 4020.2
SHIFT: Shift Work
- Participate and collaborate with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
- Effectively use the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
- Provide health teaching to patients and family.
- Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff. Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
- Certificate of competency in Ontario.
- 3 years acute care nursing experience
- Demonstrated competencies related to IV Therapy.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated clinical competency in the management of care of patients in emergency.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to Emergency.
- Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment in a positive manner and work independently as well as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated Behavior consistent with Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and iCcare Way.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for testing/interview will be contacted.
APPLY: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete ONA internal application form.
POSTED: September 26, 2019 16:00 hours to October 17, 2019 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.