PART TIME REGISTERED NURSE JOB VACANCY
ONTARIO NURSES’ ASSOCIATION – LOCAL 46
POSITION: Registered Nurse – Part Time
UNIT: Intensive Care Unit
SHIFTS: Shift Work
JOB CODE: 4020.2
- Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in provision of care to critically ill patients.
- Effectively uses the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
- Provides health teaching to patients and family.
- Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff. Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
- Certificate of competency in Ontario.
- Certificate of critical care nursing from a program that meets The standards of Critical Care in Ontario
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification current within last two years
- ACLS certification, current within last two years with experience
- Two years experience in a level 3 ICU
- Two years mechanical ventilation experience
- Demonstrated clinical competency in the management and care of patients in an ICU environment
- Demonstrated competencies related to IV Therapy
- Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated Behavior consistent with Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
NOTE: If using a paper application please complete ONA internal application form. Only those selected for testing/ interview will be contacted.
POSTED: January 3, 2020 16:00 hours to January 31, 2020, 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.