Sault Area Hospital
POSITION: Registered Nurse – Multiple Part Time
UNIT: Intensive Care Unit
RATE: $33.90 – 48.53 hourly
SHIFTS: Shift Work
JOB CODE: ON02.2
Located in beautiful Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, at the heart of the Great Lakes, Sault Area Hospital (SAH) is a 300-bed hospital. SAH provides primary, secondary and tertiary hospital services for the residents of Sault Ste. Marie and the surrounding Algoma District. We are guided by our organizational vision, mission and values of integrity, compassion, collaboration and partnership, accountability, respect and teamwork.
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses for multiple part time positions in our Intensive Care Unit. Please visit us www.sah.on.ca.
- Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in provision of care to critically ill patients.
- Effectively uses the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
- Provides health teaching to patients and family.
- Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff. Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
- Certificate of competency in Ontario.
- Enrolled in a critical care nursing certificate program that meets The standards of Critical Care in Ontario
- ACLS certification,
- 2 years nursing experience in acute care setting
SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Demonstrated clinical competency in the management and care of patients in an acute care environment
- Demonstrated competencies related to IV Therapy
- Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated Behavior consistent with Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
*Nurses will be selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in the resume which they have attached to the posting application form. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview and/or testing where required.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.