FULL TIME REGISTERED NURSE JOB VACANCIES
ONTARIO NURSES’ ASSOCIATION – LOCAL 46
JOB POSTING #: 677-837-2021
POSITION: Registered Nurse Infection Control Professional – Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Infection, Prevention and Control
RATE: $35.59-$50.96 hourly
- Maintain current knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control, legislation, standards, guidelines, best practices, trends, benchmarks, appropriate research, literature and accreditation requirements.
- Participate and collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care and employee safety.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement and risk management activities.
- Review architectural/construction plans for potential impact on infection handling (i.e.) sinks, isolation rooms, etc.
- Review existing processes and care programs for compliance with infection prevention and control practices and make recommendations as necessary.
- Present infection control needs/issues to appropriate administrative personnel and the Infection Prevention and Control Committee.
- Communicate and complies with reporting requirements of Communicable Diseases
- Represent the SAH and acts as a liaison with community agencies, public health laboratories and other health care institutions.
- Conduct regular on going surveillance which identifies and records health acquired infections and reportable diseases for reporting mandatory obligations
- Track, analyze, and prepare reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare information and reports on infection control activities to the Infection Prevention and Control Committee.
- Investigate potential outbreaks and implement infection control strategies based on established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Perform targeted surveillance activities at the request of the Infection Prevention and Control Committee.
- Implement isolation precautions for patients in accordance with the standards and review existing processes for compliance of Infection Control practices.
- Conduct infection prevention and control audits including hand hygiene audits.
- Develop educational materials and provide infection prevention and control education to staff, volunteers, physician and students.
- Participates as an active member on hospital committees and working groups where infection control expertise is required.
- Provide one–on-one resource consultations for staff and committees.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing program BSc(N) degree and
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) through the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC) in good standing
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a hospital or related health care facility with at least three years involvement in infection prevention education or project work.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated clinical competency in the management of care of patients relating to infection prevention and control.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education with emphasis placed on courses/conference relation to infection prevention and control
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of patient care requirements and specialized equipment as appropriate to the clinical area.
- Knowledge and understanding of the standards of practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, ICCARE Values and Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete application form.
POSTED: September 23, 2021, 16:00 hours to September 30, 2021, 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
All new employees shall be fully vaccinated against COVID 19-prior to their start date. For clarity, fully vaccinated means that 14 days have elapsed after completion of your vaccine series (i.e. full two doses). The Hospital’s Occupational Health team will require evidence of full vaccination prior to an employee’s start date. If not fully vaccinated, the Hospital’s Occupational Health team can assist successful applicants with setting up the necessary appointments to become fully vaccinated, but any start date may be delayed to the date on which a successful applicant becomes fully vaccinated. The hospital’s requirement that successful applicants be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations it may have under the Human Rights Code. Employees shall also be required to obtain boosters or other vaccinations related to COVID-19, as deemed necessary by the Hospital, and any failure to do so will be considered willful misconduct and/or disobedience and will result in the termination of the Employee’s employment without notice or pay in lieu thereof.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.