FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE JOB VACANCY
ONTARIO NURSES’ ASSOCIATION, LOCAL 46
POSTING #: 649-726-2019
POSTING: Full Time Registered Nurse
UNIT: Mental Health – Child and Adolescent Psych
JOB CODE: ON002.1
SHIFT: Shift Work
- Participates and collaborates with the multidisciplinary health care team in the provision and promotion of continuity of care.
- Ensures the timely flow of patients and communicates with patients and families when delays occur
- Ensures teaching and coaching specific to the assessed learning needs of patients are provided
- Establishes, monitors and maintains supportive and therapeutic relationships while overseeing the delivery of care to patients
- Advocates for the well-being of patients receiving care
- Prepares daily patient staff assignments
- Ensures staff breaks are assigned as to maintain optimal coverage in the department and provides clinical assistance as required
- Accepts a patient assignment depending on staffing requirements and staffing issues
- Completes appropriate documentation according to hospital documentation policy and College of Nurses’ standards
- Provides mentorship for new orientating staff
- Participates in and supports professional practice and leadership
- Ensures assigned duties are completed and equipment is kept in good repair and notifies Supervisor of equipment needing repaired or replaced
- Attend family meetings/support attendance of other staff to family meetings to support patient treatment and discharge planning.
- Identifies, assesses, and communicates safety concerns to Supervisor and provides recommendations to ensure a safe working environment for patients and staff
- Contributes to Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives to improve the quality of patient care
- Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety
- Performs other related duties as appropriate to the position.
- Certificate of competency in Ontario.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 1-3 Years of recent and related nursing experience in Mental Health Environment.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Training and demonstrated ability to conduct a thorough nursing assessment of patient history, presenting illness, mental status and other relevant psychiatric assessments
- Proficient in MS Windows, Excel and Meditech
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to meet multiple dead-lines
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills in internal and external environments
- Capable of coping in a physically and mentally demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently as part of a team.
- Understanding and ability to implement requirements outlined in the Mental Health Act
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships
- Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact courtesy and alertness in public contacts
- Knowledge of and ability to liaise with community resources
- Demonstrates Behavior consistent with Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for testing/interview will be contacted.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: If using a paper application please complete ONA internal pink form
POSTED: November 8, 2019 16:00 hours to November 15, 2019 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.