PART TIME REGISTERED NURSES JOB VACANCY
ONTARIO NURSES’ ASSOCIATION – LOCAL 46
JOB POSTING #: 492-539-2019
POSITION: Registered Nurse – Part Time
UNIT: 3B Medical
JOB CODE: 4020.2
SHIFT: Shift Work
- Participate and collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care.
- Effectively use the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
- Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff.
- Compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
- Certificate of competency in Ontario
- Current certification in venipuncture (I.V. certification).
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency in the management and care of the acute medical patient.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of nursing staff including non-regulated health care workers to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Proficient in computer use in a Microsoft environment with the ability to use Meditech and other hospital applications.
- Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
- Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s Standards of Performance and iCcare values.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal staff, if completing hardcopy; please complete ONA internal application form. Only those selected for testing/ interview will be contacted.
POSTED: August 8, 2019, 16:00 hours to August 15, 2019, 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.