Canadian Bank Note Limited
Canadian Bank Note Company designs, launches, and supports secure solutions for currency and excise, border security, identification and lottery systems for countries around the world. Our operations in Sault Ste. Marie focus on our lottery and charitable gaming operations that turn paper-based charitable games into profitable, popular digital properties. Located in professional sports venues and community gaming centers, we offer an enhanced, secure and fun way for fans to participate and support local good causes like children’s hospitals, amateur athletics and educational initiatives.
What’s In It For You?
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys diversity in their work- in this role every day is different! You will be able to provide input and suggestions that can impact the end user experience and product quality. Those that succeed in this role are genuinely curious about how the software works, follow where the bug leads you, in determining what caused certain behaviors. In this role you get exposure to the full system, participating in large scale projects and seeing the outcome benefit our customers first hand. We will rely on your expertise to ensure we continue to produce bingo and raffle products that are best in class quality.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for each test level based on system requirements and design documents.
- Analyze test results and identify, log and track all issues (bugs, defects, errors, etc.) and deliver weekly testing status updates to the software project manager.
- Troubleshoot issues – search log files to find point of failure; try to reproduce the issue; submit your findings via bug tracking tool to the appropriate developer or DBA; monitor issue and ensure it is fixed.
- Configure hardware, system components, device drivers and third-party software to maintain a test environment
What will help you succeed:
In terms of background, you may have a degree in Computer Science or Software Testing. If you have professional experience and interest in software QA we want to hear from you.
- Basic experience in programming languages (python or others) an asset
- Experience in developing a test strategy and writing test plans and test cases
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset
- An analytical mind with proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal, strong affinity for tact and diplomacy in communications
- Ability to travel within North America, and potentially international, up to 10% of your time post covid
- The ability to obtain, and maintain, Government of Canada Secret (Level II) and AGCO clearance
People who enjoy variety and think beyond their job descriptions succeed here. As part of the team at CBN, your job is to take your career in new directions and be part of our customer’s success stories. So, if you’re looking for the chance to work for a global technology company, explore new opportunities, and deliver exceptional work to your customers, we want to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. Canadian Bank Note Company Limited is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.