Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board
Non-Union Position – $100,600 – 108,108
The Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board is seeking a dynamic Psychologist / Psychological Associate who will work as part of the Special Education Department. The successful individual will report to the Co-ordinator and Supervisory Officer responsible for Special Education and will work as part of a special education multi-disciplinary team. In addition to completing and reviewing psycho-educational assessments, the Psychologist will provide leadership and consultative services to our Mental Health, Behaviour, Autism, Psychometry and Speech and Language teams. Travel to the east and north schools may be required.
LOCATION: Special Education Department, Mount St. Joseph Centre, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 2020
- Complete psycho-educational assessments of students and write corresponding reports.
- Provide assessment feedback to school staff and parents.
- Make recommendations to support programming at the school level.
- Provide support and consultation for programs and services, including accommodations and modifications, and Individual Education Plans (IEP’s).
- Monitor and address concerns with assessment wait lists.
- Supervise and approve the work of the board psychometrist and teacher diagnostician.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A PhD or a Masters in Psychology.
- Completion of Supervised Practice and Certificate of Autonomous Practice.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Psychologists.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience conducting various assessments.
- Experience in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of Individual Education Plans (IEP’s).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Interviews for this position will be held on Friday, July 17, 2020
Please email your letter of interest and resume by 4:00 p.m. on July 8, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Rose Burton Spohn, Director Lindsay Liske, Chairperson