Organization: Ministry of the Solicitor General
Division: Algoma Treatment and Remand Centre
City: Sault Ste Marie
Job Term: 2 Permanent
Job Code: C09380 – Psychologist 1 (COR)
Salary: $1,578.94 – $2,026.37 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement. Understanding the job ad – definitions
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 150681
*Annual salary $81,571 – $104,686
Ministry of the Solicitor General is seeking experienced Psychologists to join its multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals at the Algoma Treatment and Remand Centre.
As a Registered Psychologist, you will be part of a dedicated team in the delivery of individual and group treatment programs, as well as therapy and consulting services. If you are an outstanding professional with a passion for helping others, don’t miss this exciting opportunity.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package, including a defined pension plan. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, and recognize team and individual achievements.
To learn more about the compensation package for this position, please visit the Ontario Public Service Employee Union website (www.opseu.org) for a copy of the current collective agreements, and the OPSEU Pension Trust website (www.optrust.com) for information on the pension plan.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide a wide variety of psychological services related to the diagnosis, treatment, assessment and evaluation of offenders
• Facilitate psychological rehabilitation, conduct therapy, and administer, evaluate and interpret psychological tests
• Provide risk assessment reports to the Ontario Parole Board
• Organize and conduct research and program evaluation projects
• Assist with staff training programs
• Provide consultation and advice to the management team, and respond to inquiries
How do I qualify?
• You are registered in good standing as a Psychologist in autonomous OR supervised practice in the Province of Ontario
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• You have demonstrated knowledge of the science and practices of psychology, including psychotherapeutic and assessment techniques to plan, conduct and coordinate services
• You can apply complex treatment techniques, and provide consultation and advice on diagnosis and treatment of offenders
• You have knowledge of forensic psychological theories, practices and procedures
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can effectively communicate information on assessment approaches, findings, and treatment and rehabilitative activities
• You can use motivational interviewing skills to encourage the use of psychological services with a goal of promoting change
• You can maintain strong working relationships with staff in multi-disciplinary teams and community agencies
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You can determine the most appropriate diagnostic approach from a range of alternatives
• You can evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of treatment and rehabilitative programs
• You can use sound judgement when working with highly confidential information and cases
Other Essential Skills
• You can organize and co-ordinate psychological services
• You have knowledge of and experience with program evaluation techniques
- 2 Permanent – Full Time, 800 Great Northern Rd, Sault Ste Marie, North Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union Understanding the job ad – definitions
Category: Health and Social Services
Posted on: Monday, June 1, 2020
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply: