District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board
Job Posting: #30-21
Job Title: Property Manager – Housing Services
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time; (35-hour workweek)
Wage Range: $32.35 – $35.92
Job Class:Union JC 11
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie as a Property Manager within the Housing Services Division. Under the direction of the Manager of Housing Operations, the primary function of the Property Manager is the day-to-day operations of the assigned Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board (DSSMSSAB) housing portfolio, and for the non-profit housing providers receiving services from the DSSMSSAB.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Administer the rental process, from offering clients the units, to lease signing.
• Monitor tenant accounts for accuracy, and to ensure ongoing financial commitment related to rent, maintenance, and arrears payments.
• Negotiate payment agreements with tenants in rental and maintenance arrears.
• Determine client eligibility for rent geared-to-income subsidies on a yearly and monthly basis. Conduct initial client interviews to collect necessary eligibility information and appropriate support documentation, as required.
• Address tenant housing and social issues by directing individuals to internal resources or referring them to external agencies to obtain support.
• Prepare vacant units for occupancy and provide custodians tasks to ready the units for occupancy.
• Prepare and issue basic specifications and estimates for maintenance work. Verify the completion of the maintenance work by performing inspections to ensure work is finished, as ordered.
• Perform minor repairs to rental units. Acquire necessary supplies for apartment buildings and custodians.
• Prepare the appropriate forms and tenant files for presentation at the Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) relating to arrears and infractions of the Residential Tenancies Act and/or the Housing Services Act. Attend the LTB and represent the interests of the DSSMSSAB. .
• Participate in the stand-by and on-call rotation
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, organize time to maximize contribution and possess a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment. Additional qualifications for this position include:
• Post-secondary school diploma in a related field; and
• Minimum one (1) year of property management experience (experience in a social housing environment an asset).
• Recognized professional designation or certification in a related field, such as Certified Housing Professional is an asset.
• Working knowledge of building trades, including building and ground maintenance through direct work experience as a home/building inspector, project estimator or licensed trade person an asset.
• Proficient in both official languages is an asset.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
Date Posted: June 10, 2021 at 0900
Application Deadline: June 17, 2021 at 0900
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline with the subject line references job posting #30-21 – Property Manager, Housing Services.
This position is covered by a collective agreement, CUPE Local 5330. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.