Job Number: J0721-0203
Job Title: Professor, Mechatronics
Job Type: Faculty Full-Time
Open Positions: 1
Location: Sault College – Sault Ste. Marie
Date Posted: August 3, 2021
Application Deadline: August 17, 2021
Notice of full-time academic vacancy
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: The successful candidate will be required to teach courses in the B. of Engineering Mechatronics Degree Program as well as in the Mechanical/Electrical Cluster within the School of Engineering Technology & Skilled Trades programs.
In addition to teaching, responsibilities will include: curriculum development; lesson planning; assessing student progress and achievement; contribution in program development, applied research, and other co-curricular activity involvement. The successful candidate will be expected to nurture an effective learning environment and work as a collaborative team member.
As well, the successful applicant will be expected to play an active role in student advising, student recruitment, and graduate and CO-OP placement. The candidate will be expected to further develop community partnerships, as well as participate on Sault College/Departmental committees and advance college initiatives. This individual will also contribute to the overall direction of the program, assisting with the promotion and marketing of the program, and developing and maintaining strong industry ties.
What you need to be successful:
- Master’s degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- PhD is preferred
- minimum three years of industry experience in a relevant field
- must have polytechnic postsecondary education experience, or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry
- must be eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (Licensed engineers with PEO is preferred), with practical knowledge in the main and emerging fields of Mechatronics and Automation including Robotics, Integrated systems, Industry 4.0, and Advanced manufacturing
- experience coordinating project teams of learners working on industry projects / applied research and integrating of industry-led projects into curriculum is considered an asset
- strong network of contacts with other professionals, organizations and industry is considered an asset
- experience in presenting research through conferences, or having to establish program of applied research is considered an asset
- ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students,
- commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, and fostering innovation and positive change
- ability to coach and support students, experience managing classroom dynamics, and an understanding of the learning process, a student-focused approach.
- demonstrated commitment to the principles of Universal Design for Learning, best practices in pedagogy, equity and inclusion, experiential learning,
- ability to be a collaborative team player
- well-developed interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- demonstrated ability to contribute positively to curriculum development and delivery are required
This is a full-time academic bargaining unit position. Salary range is $66,555 to $115,378 and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sault College invites applications from all qualified individuals and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES.
How to apply: https://www.saultcollege.ca/employment/careers
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.