Notice of full-time academic vacancy
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: A qualified professor to teach in the Mechanical Engineering Technician Program.
What you need to be successful:
- three-year Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma
- degree in a related field is preferred
- certificate of Qualification in the Industrial Mechanic Millwright Trade (433A)
- additional Certificate of Qualification in the General Machinist Trade (429A) is an asset
- minimum of five years’ relevant industry experience in manufacturing environments as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright or Mechanical Technician/Technologist
- additional training, education and experience with Hydraulics/Pneumatics and CNC Technology
- experience using AutoCAD, 3D CAD (Solidworks, Fusion 360 or equivalent)
- experience in curriculum design, development and teaching is considered an asset
- excellent computer skills including MS Office and preferably Dynamics 365
- excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- must possess ability to, and genuine interest in, meeting the educational needs of students, and sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural/ethnic backgrounds of the students
This is a full-time academic bargaining unit position. Salary range is $66,555 to $115,378 and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sault College invites applications from all qualified individuals and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES
How to apply: https://www.saultcollege.ca/employment/careers
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted