Job Number: J0721-0163
Job Title: Professor, Collaborative BScN
Job Type: Faculty Full-TimeOpen Positions:1
Location: Sault College – Sault Ste. Marie
Date Posted: July 14, 2021
Application Deadline: July 28, 2021
Internal notice of full-time academic vacancy
We are looking for amazing! If you are dynamic and would like the opportunity to help us to be recognized as the best student-centered College in the country, then you will find it here. As a member of our team, you will help students find their passions and help them achieve their amazing. If this is you, then join us at the hub of the Great Lakes, in the traditional territory of the Anishnaabek people.
The Opportunity: A qualified professor to teach in the Bachelor of Science in Collaborative Nursing program. Responsibilities include teaching theory classes, practicum/clinical teaching in the community, and/or institutional settings (i.e. hospitals, nursing homes), active involvement in research and scholarship activities and college committee work.
What you need to be successful:
- PhD in Nursing, DNP or equivalent with a current and active registration in Ontario
- PhD candidate with a master’s degree in nursing may be considered
- minimum three years of current full-time experience in community nursing practice in a public health setting
- teaching experience and active in pursuit of scholarly activities with a demonstrated record of research funding and of publications in peer-reviewed journals is preferred
- strong skills in the following:
- written/oral communication
- problem solving/analytical
- working knowledge of a variety of software and multi-media packages, D2L experience considered an asset
- demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
- strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- commitment to student success and academic excellence
- experience in curriculum design and development
- post-secondary teaching experience considered an asset
This is a full-time academic bargaining unit position. Salary range is $66,555 to $115,378 and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sault College invites applications from all qualified individuals and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES
How to apply:
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.