Advance your career with Tenaris!
At Tenaris, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on challenges and work in a dynamic and high-performance environment. As a leading global manufacturer, Tenaris supplies steel pipe products and related services for the world’s energy industry and other industrial applications. Across Canada, we have operations in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Estevan, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Ft. Saskatchewan, and Nisku, Alberta, offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth. With a local focus inside a global organization, we are committed to delivering value to customers that range from large established oil and gas companies to exciting new entrants to the market.
We are currently seeking Productions Workers for our Algoma Tubes Steel Mill in Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Production Workers are responsible for performing tasks such as shipping, pipe movements and operating production machinery in a safe and efficient manner according to applicable procedures, complying with defined quality standards.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- $21.00/hr starting rate of pay.
- CSA Work Boot & Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance
- Onsite Parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gainshare Bonus
- Pension Benefit Plan
- Full Time Permanent
- Shift Schedule (12hr Shifts, 28 day rotation).
- High School Diploma or GED is a minimum requirement.
- Candidates must successfully complete Fit & Drug testing, pre-employment medical and online assessments to be hired.
- Carry out duties in an effective manner meeting productivity and efficiency standards.
- Perform activities according to applicable procedures / work instructions.
- Complete and maintain necessary records ensuring information accuracy.
- Ensure proper use of the company assets, detecting and reporting malfunctions.
- Attend and collaborate in training activities in order to maintain and increase the company knowledge.
- Proactively suggest improvements and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Able to respond and work extra hours when required.
- Participate in meetings (H&S, communications, crew meetings)
- Maintain a clean, safe, respectful and ordered work environment.
- Reports hazards and supports implementing corrective action.
- Abide by all Tenaris policies.omply with company policies and procedures
- This role involves a considerable amount of standing and walking (up to 12 hours per shift).
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs. throughout the shift.
- Must be comfortable working at various heights and willing to climb stairs.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is very important.
- Ability to listen, to express thoughts and ideas to others and present information, written and/or verbal in a clear, concise, logical manner.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English work instructions.
- Mechanical aptitude is necessary, plus a strong command of basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Able to work independently with the ability to co-operate, assist others, maintains a positive attitude, builds relationships, and takes part in teams and committees.
- Must work in a safe manner, following health and safety policies and procedures.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As a global leader, our foundation was built on diversity in all its forms, including culture, gender, creed, race, nationality, and generation. With diversity among our people, we gain diverse thoughts, abilities and perspectives that keep us both innovative and competitive. Our diverse and inclusive workplace – rooted in our values of safety, ethics, transparency and open communication – brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves.
With representation from across our Canadian operations, Tenaris has an active Diversity & Inclusion committee that is working to advance a diverse and inclusive workplace through strategic initiatives.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment. Tenaris is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org