At Tenaris, you will join a global network of professionals working together toward a common goal: shape the future of energy through advanced tubular products and services. If you want to become part of a diverse team that values results, analytical approach to problem solving and teamwork, Tenaris is the place for you.
Production Worker [Future Opportunity]
LOCATION: Sault Ste. Marie
Production Workers are responsible for performing tasks such as shipping, pipe movements and operating production machinery in a safe and efficient manner according to applicable procedures, complying with defined quality standards.
- Carry out duties in an effective manner meeting productivity and efficiency standards.
- Perform activities according to applicable procedures / work instructions.
- Complete and maintain necessary records ensuring information accuracy.
- Ensure proper use of the company assets, detecting and reporting malfunctions.
- Attend and collaborate in training activities in order to maintain and increase the company knowledge.
- Proactively suggest improvements and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Able to respond and work extra hours when required.
- Participate in meetings (H&S, communications, crew meetings)
- Maintain a clean, safe, respectful and ordered work environment.
- Reports hazards and supports implementing corrective action.
- Abide by all Tenaris policies.
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement.
- This role involves a considerable amount of standing and walking (up to 12 hours per shift).
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs. throughout the shift.
- Must be comfortable working at various heights and willing to climb stairs.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is very important.
- Ability to listen, to express thoughts and ideas to others and present information, written and/or verbal in a clear, concise, logical manner.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English work instructions.
- Mechanical aptitude is necessary, plus a strong command of basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Able to work independently with the ability to co-operate, assist others, maintains a positive attitude, builds relationships, and takes part in teams and committees.
- Must work in a safe manner, following health and safety policies and procedures.
**Candidates must successfully complete Fit & Drug testing, pre-employment medical and online assessments to be hired**
How to apply:
The wage for the Production Worker begins at $18/hr and increases based on experience. Tenaris offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid pension.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment. Tenaris is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department.
If your experience and knowledge match our requirements, please apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those that match the criteria required for the desired profile will be contacted.