EACOM TIMBER CORPORATION
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Production Supervisor at our Sault Ste. Marie I-Joist facility in Ontario.
Reporting to the Mill Superintendent, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of production employees, procedures and objectives.
Also, the incumbent will be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity and quality in the production department for continuous improvements.
- Review general status of production schedules according to sales volume, inventory requirement and material availability and if necessary, assigns or adjusts production planning to balance and expedite work through production areas.
- Assures that the desired product quality levels are achieved through proper operator training with operation and inspection techniques, use of tools and overall job responsibilities.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures to control production efficiency and meet customer’s quality expectations while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Promote continuous improvement in processes to reduce waste, costs and provide the quality required.
- Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up. (shift reports, time sheets, manning).
- Coordinate production activities with sales, quality assurance and maintenance to assure that the needs and problems of manufacturing are communicated and addressed.
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime related to departmental communication and coordination of activities.
- Maintain continuous feedback to team members concerning job performance, as well as conducting performance reviews.
- Applies and/enforces all Eacom policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
- Promote and participate in activities such as training, safety and performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery) in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the mill.
- Promote clean, safe work areas throughout the mill by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Plans and conducts meetings with team members on safety, quality and production.
- Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
- Result-Oriented and Team player.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good communication and coaching/motivating skills.
- Strong ethic, integrity and judgment.
- Post Secondary diploma or collegial degree in wood products or forestry field with at least 3 years of experience in supervisory role.
- Experience in managing a team of Operational Technician and general labor in unionized environment.
- Strong experience in employee performance management.
- Understanding of all areas of production of the manufacturing process and quality assurance methodology.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English, French would be an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, usage of integrated production systems.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.