Tenaris is currently hiring for a Production Planning and Scheduling Leader to join our Supply Chain team in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
The Production Planning and Scheduling Leader will be responsible for the coordination of mill planning, programming and dispatch activities. Plans mill load in compliance with delivery terms.
Role and Responsibilities
- Verifies plant capacity determining the load of different production centers, planning the need for external suppliers, issuing roadmaps, loading work orders and estimations for the rolling of semi-manufactured products and controlling stock. Minimizing furnace transitory conditions and products internal transfer among plants in order to reduce transport energetic cost.
- Oversees order-processing procedures, ensuring that they are responsive and synchronized to client requirements, develops an integrated order entry capability and ensures real time order tracking.
- Implements collaborative planning, forecasting and stock replenishment, ensures production allocation optimizes load balance, assesses and minimizes the impact of demand variation on capacity, productivity, and inventory.
- Guarantees due care of materials ensuring an appropriate storage.
- Complies with Tenaris policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Proactively motivates, coaches, communicates with, and develops his /her staff, and manages HR related activities in line with Human Resources norms and procedures. Protects from damage, theft or misuse the facilities, equipment and other physical resources assigned to his/her area.
- Ideally, you have 3-5 years of experience in an industrial scheduling or production role.
- University degree in Engineering or Business
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail while complying with all applicable procedures.
- Experience with products, scheduling, production and operations are an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to actively coordinate all parties involved in the Supply Chain are required.
- Experience with SAP will be considered an asset, along with intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all internal stakeholders inclusive of Supply Chain and Commercial functions as required.
- Proactive, approachable
- Highly developed communication skills.
If your experience and knowledge match our requirements, please apply.
Tenaris is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity in employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those that match the criteria required for the desired profile will be contacted.